Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: LaurieS — Fort Smith Arkansas
Dennis Burton
815 Broadway New York, New York USA

Dennis Burton Sent me a cashiers check for 1680.00. It was so embarrassing at the bank. New York New York

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I responded to an ad for a Mystery Shopper online.  I was sent an email from Mr. Burton asking for some info about myself, such as my address, age, nationality, etc.  I emailed it back to him.  He then sent another email giving me instructions and explaining the position, which is a customer support rep for RGP.  I had forgotten about it, then on July 5, 2013, I received an envelope and an email.  The envelope contained a letter and a cashiers check for 1680 dollars made out to me.  I was instsructed to cash it at my bank and then send 1450 to someone in Manila and keep the 200 for myself as payment for the assignment. I could not cash this check anywhere , so I called the bank  it was drawn on which is Liberty Bank, Richland Hills, TX and they said there had been a string of false cashiers checks from their bank.  Anyway, I sent Dennis Burton another email and told him I was having trouble cashing the check, what should I do.  He responded that the money was in the account and to deposit it in my acccount in the morning.(July 6, 2013).  The check would clear and I could withdraw the funds and complete the assignment.  This is very frustrating.  Isn't there any honesty anymore.  Please help us victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dennis-burton/new-york-new-york/dennis-burton-sent-me-a-cashiers-check-for-168000-it-was-so-embarrassing-at-the-bank-n-1064689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dennis Burton