Complaint Review: Dick Clancy

• Dick Clancy
    6344 Coho Drive
    Courtenay, British Columbia
    USA

d**k Clancy Captain d**k Clancy, James Clancy Fraud, unproper billing, billing to wrong person Courtenay British Columbia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This is a poor attempt to change the facts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: More Falsehoods from Sean Keating of Breakwater Yachts

d**k Clancy met his mutual friend in BC to help him out in getting a boat ready for delivery. d**k was not hired for anything. Mutual friend purchased an ipad and d**k helped with work on a boat. d**k provided a $1000 bill for his service, old friend couldnt pay it immediately. d**k slanders all involved (and not involved) as harrassment to receive pay for something he had done as seemingly "helping" his old friend. d**k was paid and the complaints continue. I would not recommend doing business with d**k Clancy (James Clancy) if you need anything boat related in British Columbia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2016 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dick-clancy/courtenay-british-columbia-v7j-2e9/dick-clancy-captain-dick-clancy-james-clancy-fraud-unproper-billing-billing-to-wrong-p-1322460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This is a poor attempt to change the facts

AUTHOR: Dick Clancy - (Canada)

Search Sean Keating of Breakwater Yachts to get the true story.

He now chooses to accuse me of fraud.

Lets see now.........

He phoned me numerous times looking for assistance in getting a boat out of a remote British Columbia location. Then his (then) partner, Bob Hoyt, became stranded here and called me numerous times.

I even arranged for a ticketed skipper to take the boat out of here and to Mexico. As an aside Sean also ripped her off and decided it was prudent to renegotiate her pay once she had delivered the boat and was stranded in Mexico. Nice touch!

Sean has claimed that I have been paid in full. NOT   Furthermore he was originally responsible for the expenses but once I did my part which involved fetching his partner, housing him, driving 2 1/2 hours one way to Ucluelet, stopping along the way to pickup 2 large fuel tanks with my truck, providing the fuel for this journey and then spending two days hauling D8 cat batteries around town and up and down stairs, providing them with the electronics they needed to navigate the boat and generally bending over backwards to bail them out of the fix they were in, Sean decided that because I knew Bob Hoyt (who is a good guy and was also ripped off by this shyster) I must have been volunteering my time, expenses and electronics.  Sean Keating fully agreed that I should be paid - but just by someone else. Then he tried to claim that he was not responsible because he was no longer a partner in the boat. Nice try Sean - you were a full partner and were responsible for the expenses at the time they were incurred. Then he tried to defend his being a deadbeat by saying I didn't submit an invoice until the work had been done. DUH  How was I to submit an invoice in advance when no one knew how much work I would be required to do.  Mr. Keating agreed that my fees were more than reasonable - as long as someone else was paying it.

Since that time Sean Keating has left me obscene derogatory messages and indicated that he was going to sue which, of course, he can't because you can't be sued for telling the truth. Very unprofessional to say the least. Then he has even tried to say he is not any part of Breakwater Yachts.  Funny how the internet shows differently.

If you do business with this guy it is at your own peril.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

More Falsehoods from Sean Keating of Breakwater Yachts

AUTHOR: Dick - (Canada)

Search Sean Keating of Breakwater Yachts to get the true story.

He now chooses to accuse me of fraud.

Lets see now.........

If you do business with this guy it is at your own peril.