Complaint Review: DigiCellRepair

• DigiCellRepair
    172 Trade Street
    Lexington, Kentucky
    United States of America

DigiCellRepair sells cheap products that will cause damage to your phone not covered by warranty. Lexington, Kentucky

This company sells cheap generic replacement parts for cell phones that are very likely to damage your phone and void its warranty.

I purchased an iPhone 4 replacement screen, and the tools they sent were the wrong size and stripped the tiny screws in the iPhone on the first turn. They didn'teven include instructions on how to replace the screen and did not have any on their website either, I had to download the instrucitons from another company that sells replacement iPhone screens.

Thanks to this company, I now have to pat $200 to get the screen replaced, instead of the $40 this kit costs or the $60 for the more expensive kit from iFixIt, which I should have gotten in the first place but this company's kit destroyed my phone so DIY jobs are out of the question now.

On top of all this, if Apple can't fix the stripped screw and gives me a replacement phone, I will lose my unlimited internet package that I have with Verizon, I've been grandfathered in but it ends when I change to a different phone.

Thankfully I was able to return it, so I at least got my $40 back, but that was only because I bought it on Amazon and Amazon guarantee the item, I doubt this seller would have accepted the return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/digicellrepair/lexington-kentucky-40511/digicellrepair-sells-cheap-products-that-will-cause-damage-to-your-phone-not-covered-by-1007553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content