Complaint Review: Discount Tire Co.

• Submitted: Sat, November 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012
  • Reported By: Tom F — Tempe Arizona United States of America
  • Discount Tire Co.

Internet
    United States of America

Discount Tire Co. Still stealing rebates, bait and switch, plus whatever else they can get, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Discount Tire

I see from some of the other postings on here that things have not changed.  I bought a set of tires from DT 11 weeks ago. The rebate is a fake, it is just a way for them to rip you off.

The website that you are supposed to redeem the rebate at is "down". They do not answer their phone, they do not respond to emails sent to their own website.

I quit using them a few years ago for this exact same reason.

People tried to tell me that "things have changed" face it there is a reason why criminals often end out back in jail. Once they start stealing it becomes a "way of life"

I have figured out how to tell if a DT employee is lieing to you, lok and see if their lips are moving, if so, truxt me, it is total BS from that point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2010 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/discount-tire-co/internet/discount-tire-co-still-stealing-rebates-bait-and-switch-plus-whatever-else-they-can-get-659147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Discount Tire

AUTHOR: Gern Bleinstein - (United States of America)

I worked for Discount for nearly 20yrs. Back when they actually had integrity. This report is one of the reasons why I am no longer with them.  Because I would not lie to customers and was told I had to; it was my job.