Complaint Review: Eagle Transmissions

• Eagle Transmissions
    3013 S. Cooper
    Arlington, Texas
    United States of America

Eagle Transmissions S.L. Alexander Inc. Charged for work I did not authorize then filed a mechanical lien and sold my vehicle Arlington, Texas

I drove my vehicle to this business to get a free estimate to repair my transmission.  The manager said he would have the estimate ready the same day.  Three days later he gave an estimate of $3000 to repair and I declined.

He said I owed him $380 in labor charges for taking it apart.  He said I authorized him to do that over the phone, but I do not recall doing that.  I would only authorize something of that nature and expense in person and in writing so I could fully understand the terms.

The only document I signed was authorizing the free estimate and did not receive a copy of that.  I want my vehicle back in the drivable and operating condition as when I drove it there and not be charged for labor I did not authorize or be paid $4200 which is the amount I paid for the vehicle.

They filed a mechanical lien and sold my vehicle.  I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  The Bureau sided with them.  I then filed a lawsuit with the justice of the peace.  I have a pre-trial hearing on January 2, 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eagle-transmissions/arlington-texas-76015/eagle-transmissions-sl-alexander-inc-charged-for-work-i-did-not-authorize-then-filed-a-989740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content