Complaint Review: Early American Floorcloths

• Early American Floorcloths
    1915 Pocahontas Trail
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    United States of America

Early American Floorcloths Early American Floorcloths - Stealing from customers since 2008, and probably longer. Williamsburg, Virginia

I'm happy add another report regarding the complete lack of business/personal ethics of the owners of Early American Floorcloths, Dennis and Sheila Belanger.

According to the latest reports from the Better Business Bureau they are indeed still in the business of stealing from clients.  I placed an order for my floorcloth back in 2008, paid for it as their policy required and to this day, over 4 years later,  I have not received it.  I, too, have a folder filled with hard copies of emails, certified letter receipts, and more, but not what I paid for in good faith.  I received many "it's on the way" messages and phone calls.  I received messages about a studio fire (true?) and things getting lost while moving from one state to another, family illnesses, etc., etc.

The Better Business Bureau was not able to successfully close my case, or many others' complaints, as the Belangers didn't bother to respond to their inquiries.  From what my recent research turned up, I see they are still ignoring certified mail inquiries.  I even went so far as to write to editors of magazines that showcased the Belanger's work, trying to get some kind of resolution or to place a word of caution regarding disclaimers about the use of featured artists/designers, etc.

If you, or anyone you know wishes to purchase a floorcloth, do NOT throw away good money with this company.  I've found a much better, completely reliable floorcloth company with excellent customer service and designs every bit as good, and better, than EAFC.   Hard-earned money should not be wasted on thieves and liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/early-american-floorcloths/williamsburg-virginia-23185/early-american-floorcloths-early-american-floorcloths-stealing-from-customers-since-200-973867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content