Complaint Review: Easthaven Townhomes

• Submitted: Fri, September 01, 2017
  • Updated: Sun, September 10, 2017
  • Reported By: NES — Nashville Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Easthaven Townhomes
    2120 Lebanon Pike
    Nashville, Tennessee
    USA

Easthaven Townhomes Metropolitan Property ManagementHomeowners Association Harrassed, Fined me, as a home owner made my life miserable Nashville Tennessee

*Author of original report: East Haven Town homes

I need to let people know how it is to buy into this community of East Haven Townhomes. It took me a long time to be able to buy, but this was the biggest mistake I made.

I bought a Unit on April 14 2016. The day I was moving in, while my little service dog was in my driveway eating a bone, I heard enormously hard knocking on the glass door, thought the glas would break.

I am a decorator, proud homeowner who took very good care of it.

I open the door these 2 "n**i s/Gestapo" living in the community said in a very loud, mean tone "Your dog needs to be on the Leash".... this was my 1st interaction with homeowners, and the beginning of the end. I didn t even move in yet!!

Then, since I am a widow, I was renting out a room. I was told I could not rent out my UNIT which I was not. This was my residence, but I guess, even you own your own home, you are not allowed to have guests over. Even though I went to a lawyer who wrote a letter and totally agreed with me, I was fined $1500.00 by the HOA.

From then on they make pictures, harrass you, try to find anything to complain about. This is a retirement community where I guess they are so bored, trying to make other peoples life miserable.

You are not allowed to have a party that goes after 9:00pm. One night, like 1:00am in the morning, I heard a loud noise from a truck. I go over and see a towing truck. Walk over there and the man asks is that your car. No, it is not. I said why are you towing at 1:00am in the morning. The HOA instructed to have a car towed who belonged to one of the owners, only because the license plate was expired!!!! Isn t this between the owner and the DMV?/Police? When I brought this up in the meeting, they didn t want to answer my question.

My neighbor started a new job and had a brand new company car. She received a letter the car could not be parked in the parkinglot, "the HOA didn t like the car". When this came up in the HOA meeting, with also 2 girls sunbathing half in the garage and in front in a normal bathingsuit, I asked that means if someone sells their UNIT the car needs to be approved before they can Buy???

Why can t these girls sunbathe.... Well, they send me out of the meeting.

So on so on. This is a total "n**i" Community, and unbearable to live. I left November 1st, renting out the full UNIT, which is only allowed 3 months at the time, which I did. This year I decided to sell it, didn t want to have anything to do anymore with that kind of an environment.

Well, even though I had not lived there since last year November, closing on Unit this year September 1st, I receive a letter that I would be fined since my garbage cans were not in the right place!! What?? I havent touched them since last year November, and no one lived there since August 1st.!!! I ask you, is this a set up?? For me, I had to laugh though since I have my check from the sale in my hand, and they can t do nothing anymore. I wish the new owners and anybody buying there good luck. Remember, I put a warning on this site about this community.

Ex Home Owner

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2017 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/easthaven-townhomes/nashville-tennessee-37210/easthaven-townhomes-metropolitan-property-managementhomeowners-association-harrassed-fin-1397340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

East Haven Town homes

AUTHOR: - ()

I need to let people know how it is to buy into this community of East Haven Townhomes.  It took me a long time to be able to buy, but this was the biggest mistake I made.

I am a decorator, proud homeowner who took very good care of it.

I open the door these 2 "n**i s/Gestapo" living in the community said in a very loud, mean tone "Your dog needs to be on the Leash".... this was my 1st interaction with homeowners, and the beginning of the end.  I didn t even move in yet!!

Then, since I am a widow, I was renting out a room.  I was told I could not rent out my UNIT which I was not. This was my residence, but I guess, even you own your own home, you are not allowed to have guests over.  Even though I went to a lawyer who wrote a letter and totally agreed with me,  I was fined $1500.00 by the HOA.

From then on they make pictures, harrass you, try to find anything to complain about.  This is a retirement community where I guess they are so bored, trying to make other peoples life miserable.

You are not allowed to have a party that goes after 9:00pm.  One night, like 1:00am in the morning, I heard a loud noise from a truck.  I go over and see a towing truck.  Walk over there and the man asks is that your car.  No, it is not.  I said why are you towing at 1:00am in the morning.  The HOA instructed to have a car towed who belonged to one of the owners, only because the license plate was expired!!!!   Isn t this between the owner and the DMV?/Police?  When I brought this up in the meeting, they didn t want to answer my question.

My neighbor started a new job and had a brand new company car.  She received a letter the car could not be parked in the parkinglot, "the HOA didn t like the car".  When this came up in the HOA meeting, with also 2 girls sunbathing half in the garage and in front in a normal bathingsuit, I asked that means if someone sells their UNIT the car needs to be approved before they can Buy???

Why can t these girls sunbathe....  Well, they send me out of the meeting.

So on so on.  This is a total "n**i" Community, and unbearable to live.  I left November 1st, renting out the full UNIT, which is only allowed 3 months at the time, which I did.  This year I decided to sell it, didn t want to have anything to do anymore with that kind of an environment.

Well, even though I had not lived there since last year November, closing on Unit this year September 1st, I receive a letter that I would be fined since my garbage cans were not in the right place!! What??   I havent touched them since last year November, and no one lived there since August 1st.!!!  I ask you, is this a set up??  For me, I had to laugh though since I have my check from the sale in my hand, and they can t do nothing anymore.  I wish the new owners and anybody buying there good luck.  Remember, I put a warning on this site about this community.

Ex Home Owner