Complaint Review: Easton Auction Company

• Easton Auction Company
    4404 Hamilton Cleves Road
    Internet
    United States of America

Easton Auction Company The Auction Center Counterfeit silver world bullion coin Internet

Easton Auction Company is knowingly selling fake silver bullion coins. At one of their auctions they had up for bid a 1 troy oz., .999 silver 1986 Chinese Panda Bullion Coin. Auction was ending and I didn't have time to research this coin. I bid and won for $40.00.

Upon receiving the coin in the mail, I knew immediately when I held it, that it was fake. It was too light to be 1 troy ounce of silver. This only weighed .07 of an ounce on a postal scale, it should have been close to 1.1 oz on my scale.

When I googled this coin, 1986 Panda Silver Bullion, I discovered that none were ever minted by China for that year. I did learn that many counterfeits had flooded the US market though.

When I googled Easton Auction Company, I learned that many people had been scammed by this company due to their consistant selling of this counterfeit coin. Proxibid stands behind the auctioneer, not the consumer on this matter. [continued below]....
.....

When I contacted Easton Auction, they pretty much told me to pound sand, tough luck they said. The sting of this purchase was made worse by their $8.00 handling fee for 1 coin, $6.36 shipping cost, 18% buyers premium of $7.20. All told, $61.55 to purchase a counterfeit coin.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/easton-auction-company/internet/easton-auction-company-the-auction-center-counterfeit-silver-world-bullion-coin-internet-965806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content