Complaint Review: Ebay's Half.com

• Reported By: jnordquist — USA
  • Ebay's Half.com

Internet
    United States of America

I am a buyer and seller of books and used half.com.  I sold a total of
1200 dollars worth of international books clearly stating they are
international books.  They refuse to give me my money!!  I also have all documentation and receipts for the books i purchased from the seller to me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebays-halfcom/internet/ebays-halfcom-ebaycom-they-owe-me-1200-internet-495123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'm In The Same Situation

AUTHOR: ElTacho - (USA)

They also owe me about $1300 since 09/16/2011 when they cancelled my account. They also cancelled my account since some of the books I was selling were International Edition. I recommend you to take it up with BBB( Better Business Bureau). I did and they finally answered back and asked me to fax them some documents, although I already sent them they requested documents and they're reluctant to release my money.

Who The F**k Told You So?

AUTHOR: ElTacho - (USA)

The fact the he was selling International Edition books which are illegal in their site is not a justification to keep his money. In the first place because he specified to the buyers that he was selling that edition and, in the second place, the buyers have the option of returning the book if they don't want it. Also, it seems to be a typical practice of this company since there are a lot of people who were not selling International Edition books complaining about the same issue.

Cannot sell international editions

AUTHOR: certifiedjagga - (United States of America)

There policy clearly indicates that you cannot sell international editions of books (and many other non-US version).  it is a good thing they are holding your money; they have every right to do so because you did not follow their terms for selling on their site.  Those international editions are worth almost nothing (they are used in third world countries that cannot afford quality books0 and it's unfair to the sellers who have legitimate US textbooks.