Complaint Review: Euromillones Lottery Primitiva S.A. - L:a Primitiva Europea

Spain
  • Phone: 00-34638371418
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

Euromillones Lottery Primitiva S.A. - L:a Primitiva Europea Award Notice of winning 815,510 Euros -Total Farse! Madrid Spain

Received a letter personally addressed (first name included). The envelope had a spanish stamp and franked Correos Espana. The letter was very amature, it stated a lottery draw number, date, and ticket number, as I buy Euro Lottery tickets it had me interested enough to read-on. I couldn't however understand how they got my contact details.

So I duly called Madrid and asked to speak to Dr Eric Gomex who is stated as being the Foreign Operations Manager - he actually answered the phone and sounded as it his was in a basement warehouse! I asked him how he got my personal details, he said that he got them from the UK Council and they share information on residents because we are all part of the EU !?! He was congratulating me on my winnings, he actually stated that I was the 8th person to be drawn and the other 7 winners were based all around the world -he said their were two winners from the UK (and I was one of them!!). He was insistent that I didn't disclose the Batch Number or Reference Number stated on the letter with 'anyone' as they may get access to my money. He asked me to complete the 'Claim Processing Form' and fax it back to him that day, or the next day at the latest!

I asked who he worked for exactly and he said the Security Company that administer all the claims and they take 10% of your winnings as a handling fee! I called GMTV News Desk this morning as I would like someone 'undercover' to investigate this company - using my details if they so wish to find how how this scam works....

Lindy
Andover, Hampshire
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2007 03:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/euromillones-lottery-primitiva-sa-la-primitiva-europea/nationwide/euromillones-lottery-primitiva-sa-la-primitiva-europea-award-notice-of-winning-81551-281001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content