Complaint Review: Eyeglass Factory

• Eyeglass Factory
    276 Boston Turnpike
    Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
    United States of America

Eyeglass Factory Hiram Mazaira, Hiran Mazaira Took cash, did not deliver glasses Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

I purchased two pairs of glasses from this company using a coupon they offered through Groupon. I paid a cash sum of $320 after being told that I would receive a percentage discount if I paid cash in full for the glasses and received a receipt on 11/7/12. I was given one pair at that time and was told that my second pair would be ready for pick-up in 7-10 days.

After repeatedly attempting to contact the owner, Hiram/Hiran Mazaira, I was told that the lab was busy and that they would take longer than expected. This exchange happened on two occasions. On a third occasion I was told that the glasses were in, but were still being worked on and would be mailed to me on the next business day. When I did not receive them, I again attempted to call on 12/12/12, but the number had been disconnected.

Upon investigating further I have been informed that the business has vacated its former location. I am currently in the process of filing a formal complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office, as I have not been contacted by the company regarding delivery of the goods purchased or a refund of the amount paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eyeglass-factory/shrewsbury-massachusetts-01545/eyeglass-factory-hiram-mazaira-hiran-mazaira-took-cash-did-not-deliver-glasses-shrewsbur-987064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content