Complaint Review: Fairfield - Wyndham Resorts

fairfieldresorts.com
    Orlando, Florida

Fairfield - Wyndham Resorts Breach of contract Orlando Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Read the Contract and Your Book

I am a joint owner on a Fairfield contract with my sister. I can not make a reservation in my name unless i request a guest pass. No where in my contract does it state that i personally will not be able to make reservations for me and "my" family. My sister and i share 300,000 points and our home resort is Tennessee. I cannot make a reservation for my husband without requesting a guest pass and he is not entitled to the VIP perks of our package.

Once again this is not stipulated in my contract. Reservations that i make come via mail in my sisters name, because she is listed first on the contract. Once again this is not stipulated anywhere in my contract. I have correspondence from Fairfield / Wyndham that they can not help me with this problem. i was verbally told that if i contacted legal advice that they definitely will not help me with this problem.

Alice
richmond, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2007 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fairfield-wyndham-resorts/orlando-florida/fairfield-wyndham-resorts-breach-of-contract-orlando-florida-273437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Read the Contract and Your Book

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Both places show how their guest policy works, although you need to have the 2007-08 book to have the latest rules, in which the guest policy has changed. I believe everyone has a right to at least 1 free guest pass per use year.

You stated you couldn't book anything for your husband, are you with him during these stays? I bring that up because my wife and I treated her mother and her sons to Atlantic City last month. We booked two, 2 bedroom rooms, and my wife and I went with them, and checked in before they arrived (which we knew would have to happen). We got keys for the extra room, and no additional charges were made for them being guests. However, we booked before any new rules went into effect, but since we were there, it shouldn't have been an issue anyway. We had to leave their names but outside of that, things went smoothly.