Complaint Review: Farfetch.com

• Reported By: Cezanne — Millbrae California
  • Farfetch.com

, Select State/Province
    United Kingdom

Farfetch.com Overpriced products & poor customer service = shady sales practices

I purchased a product from farfetch.com but learned within an hour after submitting my order that the same exact product from another vendor was available for $200 less!

I reached out to the company immediately and recommended two options, option 1) price match (provided the link to the alternate merchant) if they cannot then option 2) cancel my order immediately.

The customer service representative explained that they do not price match at all. Worse, she did not cancel my order per my request.

I asked to confirm if the order was canceled. It took the representative 24 hours to respond and she basically stated that they cannot cancel as the order is already being processed. She then suggested that I wait (5 days) to receive the product and then go through the return process!

I cannot believe this UK online merchant is allowed to behave this way, we're talking about a lot of money, hassle and time.

I would stay clear of this place in the future.

The person who did not help me was in fact:

Amanda Henderson
farfetch.com
Customer Service Advisor

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/farfetchcom/select-stateprovince/farfetchcom-overpriced-products-amp-poor-customer-service-shady-sales-practices-1117372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content