Complaint Review: FCNB PRIN #5405 (First Consumers National Bank)

• Submitted: Tue, June 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Reported By: Ellenwood Georgia
  • FCNB PRIN #5405 (First Consumers National Bank)
    9300 SW Gemini Dr
    Beaverton, Oregon

My husband and myself are trying to get our credit in order so the both of us obtained copies of our credit reports from several of the credit reporting bureaus. While reviewing my report I noticed that there was an account from FCNB (First Consumers National Bank) Unsecured Spiegel Mastercard. Right away I figured something was not right because I have never owned a card bearing this name.

On the credit report the account was listed as a "Revolving" account and opened in July of 2003, the status of the account was "Account transferred or sold and Charged Off" and was reported to the credit agency in May 2003. It also said that the "High Credit" was $977.

I tried to call the numer listed on the credit report but the number is constantly busy. I even did a web search to see if I could find another number but I had not success. While doing the phone number search I found that the address being listed for this company was presently on the market "For Rent" or "Sale".

I have been unsuccessful in finding out any information about this company and also finding a phone number. I don't know exactly what but something is not right. I have "never" had a Speigel Unsecured credit card. On my credit report it even had a monthly payment history on this account. Something is not right. In total I had six credit card accounts on my credit report. I am 31 yrs old and I have never had that many credit cards in my lifetime. There was only two credit cards that I was aware of but the others I have no idea.

I would really like to get some leads as to how I cn get in touch with someone from this company to get some answers. My husband and I are trying to get our credit in order so that we can purchase a house and this has really put a damper on the plans. Help?

Kimberley
Ellenwood, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2007 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fcnb-prin-5405-first-consumers-national-bank/beaverton-oregon-97008/fcnb-prin-5405-first-consumers-national-bank-fraudulent-billing-ruining-credit-ratingr-257081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Kimberley,

You should take advantage of your to dispute this item directly with the credit bureau that provided you with your report copy. They should have, and are required to provide you with instructions for disputing, along with a toll free number to call the bureau directly.

Since almost all disputes are handled electronically between the credit bureau and the reporter, it doesn't take 30 days or longer to resolve.

#2 Consumer Suggestion