Complaint Review: Fidelis Films

Naples, Florida
    USA

Fidelis Films Photography Naples Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to Michelle Voli

We informally met and committed to exchange services and I gave $500 in good faith to reserve a date for their services.

I only agreed to use them because they promised if anything happened, the deposit would be returned. I had been screwed over by other vendors and they promised they were NOT like that.

I lost my job and therefore the event has been canceled well ahead of time (a month and a half prior). I asked for the monet back and suddenly the tune changed! Nicki could care less I am now unemployed and refuses to return my money! They ran out and bought a camera as soon as I gave them the check, so I can see why they don't want to return it...

They are happily stealing my money and running off to buy new toys with their loot. I am EXTREMELY disappointed they can justify outright stealing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fidelis-films/naples-florida-34108/fidelis-films-photography-naples-florida-1118650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to Michelle Voli

AUTHOR: Christian David - ()

I have attached a link to her signed contract with my company. We understand that Michelle is upset that she is being denied a refund of her deposit but we have to honor the contract that she agreed to when we met.

We met with Michelle Voli on November 11th, 2013, to discuss Photographing her wedding which was originally planned for Saturday, February 22nd. We agreed to photograph her wedding way under our usual budget. We have mutual friends and we were willing to work with her. We required a deposit of $500 dollars to reserve her date. In no way did we promise that no matter what happens she could get her deposit back. We apologize if this was misunderstood, but the only refunds we honor is when we cancel ourselves.

The reason why we require a deposit in this industry is because we turn down any potential couples who request our services for the same date, no matter what the price. We did turn down potential couples for Michelle as we agreed we would. Michelle also moved her date from February 22nd to Sunday February 23rd, we agreed to do that for her even though we turned down other couples prior to her switching her date. Eventually Michelle canceled the wedding all together. Once she canceled her wedding she demanded her deposit back.

It is unfortunate she canceled her wedding, but we have a contractual agreement with clear terms. What Michelle did not mention is that we have offered $500 credit towards any photo, video, or website services we can provide in the future. She lost her deposit with every other vendor the same as she has lost it with us. The major difference is that we are willing to give her something for her investment, even though we are not obligated to. We are not stealing from her and niether are any of the other vendors she has canceled with. We're offended to be accused of such a thing.

On behalf of myself and my company, we do sympathize with Michelle and her current hardships. We wish her the best.