Complaint Review: First Choice Electric Company

• First Choice Electric Company
    225 E. John Carpenter Freeway
    Irving, Texas

First Choice Electric Company DO NOT USE OR SIGN UP FOR Irving Texas

I have First Choice Electric Company for my electrical provider. Since I began my contract with them it has been a nightmare.

The rates I were promised have not been applied to my account. I have called, called, called, and have been promised that this would change and it has not.

I have received my last bill in the amount of $547 for one month of service ! I have subsequently received another bill for the month of October in the amount of $28. This is what happens constantly. The bills have been ridiculously high. I again have called and spoken with a customer service rep who told me that I could not make arrangements to pay this $547 and it had to be paid immediately or my service would be disconnected. My service has been disconnected since Friday, November 8th.

I have asked for someone to come out and check the meter, re-read the meter, determine if someone else is using electricity along with me, etc., and have been told that everything checked out "OK. I asked when the person came out if I could be notified so they could show me what they were doing and what to look for and of course this did not happen so I have no way of knowing if anyone came out at all.

I do not have this type of money available, nor do family and friends. So I sit in the dark. First Choice is a major ripoff ! and I don't know what to do at this point.

Chris
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-choice-electric-company/irving-texas/first-choice-electric-company-do-not-use-or-sign-up-for-irving-texas-389628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content