Complaint Review: First National Government Grant Benefits

• First National Government Grant Benefits
    15720 John Downey Dr. Suite 300, Charlotte, North Carolina 60435
    Charlotte, North Carolina

First National Government Grant Benefits ripoff Charlotte North Carolina

On Wednesday, 03/23/05 @12:08pm I recieved a call from a man saying that I had qualified to recieve a United States Grant in the amount of $12,500 with $100 emergency cash. All I had to do is give him my checking account number and the money would be in my account within 24 hours. I asked him the name of the company he worked for, he told me First National Government Grant. He would not give me the phone number or the address of were he was calling from.

At that time I went to the internet to see if any information would pop up if I typed in their name, and what do you think happened? A Consumer Alert with almost the same type of story from a lady in Pennsylvania. She had found out the address and phone number of the company so I called them back to try to find out a little bit more information about them.

It turns out that after you give them your account information they promptly turn around and charge you $29.95 for a "Welcome letter" and then a second charge of $299.99 for a "Government Grant Guide". She also told me it would take from 3-6 months to recieve the grant money into my bank account. I asked to speak to a manager numerous times, and was told that she does not take calls. They would not even give me her first name. After talking to several different people they told me her name was "Erica Roberts" but still refused to let me speak with her.

I asked her how they got my name and phone number. She said "You file your taxes through the IRS, don't you?" Then they told me if I wasn't going to give them the information theY needed or ready to be one of their customers, they did not have to give me any more information about them or their company and hung up on me.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL IFNORMATION, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!

Jamison
salt lake city, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2005 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-national-government-grant-benefits/charlotte-north-carolina-60435/first-national-government-grant-benefits-ripoff-charlotte-north-carolina-136190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content