Complaint Review: First National Grant

• Reported By: Spokane Washington
  • First National Grant
    Http://newnet.qsrch.com/dpark?s=firstnationalgrants.com&prt=nn01
    Nationwide

First NationalGrants attempted to obtain my banking information Ripoff! Nationwide

I'm just writing to report a very suspicious phone call I received today like many others on this site have reported from a man with a thick East Indian accent. He told me he was calling from First National Grants, which he claimed was associated with the US government.

He told me that he had $8000 to give me, no obligations attached. He called it a "government grant."

When he asked me for my banking information I told him he could just mail me a check. He refused, and said only direct deposit into my account was allowable.

So, I asked him to call me back, so I could have a little time to research his proposal. He said this was a one-time only offer and he could not call me back. At this point I became convinced he was a con artist.

I hung up the phone, got his phone number on my caller id, and now I'm filing a report. To my knowledge, there's no way he will be able to get anything out of my bank account. I gave him no information. But, as a courtesy to other people out there, I'm filing this report so you can go after him.

If you need me to provide any further evidence, I'll be happy to do so.

Greg
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2005 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-national-grant/nationwide/first-nationalgrants-attempted-to-obtain-my-banking-information-ripoff-nationwide-141890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content