Complaint Review: Fleet Credit Card Services

• Reported By: Rancho Cordova California
  • Fleet Credit Card Services
    680 Blair Mill Road
    Horsham, Pennsylvania

Fleet Credit Card Services - Many AKA's False Reporting to Equifax, Experian, etc - Reporting bad debts on non-existing account Horsham Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I just had a short Question ?

First, They are changing their name (again). Very soon now they will be called USA Bank of America.

Recently (6/2004), a credit report from Equifax listed Fleet CC as one of our credit card accounts and that we were late, over 90 days, 25 times. The report shows dates covering from 1999 through 2001.

We had no account with this company in 1999, 2000, or 2001. I called their telephone number, listed on the credit report only to find it had been changed. I called the second telephone number and found it disconnected.

Finally, I found an 800 number and spoke with a woman (Bernadette) in customer service. After confirming we had no account with them, I then explained why I called. The woman asked me to fax her my credit report, so they could "investigate" my complaint. She gave me her fax number and I said good-bye.

Not for a moment did I consider sending them my information, but I will be contacting an attorney for a little more advise.

Ray
Rancho Cordova, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2004 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fleet-credit-card-services/horsham-pennsylvania-19044/fleet-credit-card-services-many-akas-false-reporting-to-equifax-experian-etc-report-95167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Billie Jo - (U.S.A.)

Do these companies that report us to the Credit Bureas ( whether it be ligit or not ) profit from reporting us ?

I just can't seem to get the purpose of these 3 credit bureas , the closest I've come... is that they are the "Financial-Police" of the world ! How else would Ford know that we are credit worthy , Right ? Or if we will pay the dining room suit off as promised ?