Complaint Review: Frenchie's Bicycle

• Frenchie's Bicycle
    2430 N State Road 7
    Margate, Florida
    USA

Frenchie's Bicycle Best place for discrimination! They really know to make you feel like you're nothing. Margate Florida

I brought a bicycle to Frenchies to have it overhauled and looked over for mechanical issues. I had recently purchase a bike via craigslist (online classifieds) and wanted a professional to clean it up and make sure it was safe. Check the tires, add grease to the chain, etc.  After speaking with the salesman he quoted me a price of $75-$85 for the repairs; verbally. When I show up the bill comes to $85 +tax and the bike looked in the same as when I dropped it off. There was still noticeable dust and grime. The salesman said he would replace a plate that is located on the back tire, that piece was not replaced. The bike did not appear to have $85 bucks worth of repairs. I later found out the bike does not shift into 3rd gear, therefore does not operate as promised either. When I asked the salesman for a refund, he refused and proceeded to tell me they had a bunch of issues with the seat. There was nothing wrong with the seat to begin with, nor did we mention the seat during the consultation.

The salesman was also condescending and spoke in a manner that was demeaning and disrespectful. I understand he is a professional, but he does not need to treat the clientele as if they were children. He kept using industry terms, in what I felt was a deceitful way, to confuse me the consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/frenchies-bicycle/margate-florida-33063/frenchies-bicycle-best-place-for-discrimination-they-really-know-to-make-you-feel-like-1092552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content