1. We reserved a unit in Bispham house and also other sites Dalton Street.
2. They messed us around with the car parking spaces form Day 1 saying that some were available and then weren't . We never got our reservation fee back for the one they said we have but then did not. They ignore all of our phone calls and emails all of the time. They own us thousands.
3. My friend bought an apartment in Bispham house and on the video on their website they make out as it is all luxurious and hunky dory, but they only show you the show unit! Their is no management at all in the building and no maintenance or cleaning or the communal areas or upkeep. The finish looks good until you get up and close and you see everything has been done on the cheap! My friend bought to rent out but cannot but whenever a prospective tenant goes round they see what a complete tip it is and she cannot sell it either as this building has a terrible reputation as well in the area. No one will touch it.
4. When you exchange contracts with them, the exchange money is given to Fresh Start Living and not held with the solicitor which is should be. We were so naive at the time and though this was fine then we found out afterwards that this is VERY unusual and frowned upon by solicitors and other developers. Also they register each development in a different company name so they can literally just close the company down and we have all lost our exchange money! If they were honestly going to build them and they are cash rich like they always say they are, then why do they need our exchange monies and it not being held with the solicitor. I really think they will close the companies down and the money will be lsot and I have tried to get it back but they ignore all of my emails and calls. I am speaking to my solicitor and thinking about taking them to court
5. I found out with a little digging on some sites that they don't actually own the buildings but still sell them! I don't know how they can get away with this to be honest.
6. I was going to invest in their student development in Manchester untl I showed it to a friend who had had a boyfriend sho had stayed there about 20 years ago when she went to Manchester uni and she said it is like an absolute prison there, little light and a disgrace inside. They has said they can renovate it in less than a year but my friend who is an architect said its at least 2-3 years and again the rental guarantee is backed by a shell company so you have no protection there and they want lots of money up front.
I wish we never heard of Fresh Start living
I hope that you appreciate it as i would hate anyone to make the same mistake we did