Complaint Review: Girls Gone Wild

• Reported By: South St. Paul Minnesota
  • Girls Gone Wild
    girlsgonewild.com
    Van Nuys, California

Girls Gone Wild Ripoff Cancelled account and still being charged told I had to buy 8 movies to cancel for good Van Nuys California

*Consumer Comment: Mantra They told you the only way to close the account is to buy out

I called a while back being I was being charged for a "monthly subscription," which I later found out is automatically set up when you order from them (my stupidity). Well, I talked to someone and cancelled my monthly subscription, and sure enough next month I had more charges (originally I had two videos coming every month, now it's only one...). I called back today, and they were EXTREMELY unprofessional. When the person answered, I could hear yelling, laughing, and cursing in the background, and the person I was speaking to even told them to quiet down because she was on the phone.

When I told her that I had called before, she pretty much interrupted me and said "Ok, that's fine.." like this kind of stuff happens all the time. I was then told that the only way to close my account completely was to order a "closing special" which consisted of 8 hardcore videos and I would be charged $110.98. I said I wasn't interested, and again she said that this was the only way to do this, and I could return the videos.

Well, I was frustrated and just said, "Fine, if that's the only way." Now I'm rethinking my decision, and I think I'm just going to close my checking account today (I used my VISA check card to make the initial purchase). The only problem is that I work for the bank that my account is with, so it's going to be a bit embarassing when I tell them why I have to close my account... I work in a different department, but I still know most of the people in my building.

Any class action suits pending? I'm in.

Andrew
St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2005 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/girls-gone-wild/van-nuys-california/girls-gone-wild-ripoff-cancelled-account-and-still-being-charged-told-i-had-to-buy-8-movie-134595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Mantra They told you the only way to close the account is to buy out

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

To the last posting. They told you the only way to close the account is to buy out. If they told me that I'd give them a bunch of s**t over the phone. Your the consumer. I was also reading along about unprofessionalism. I also think about now everyone knows what this company did in the past and as far as I know it they're going down.