Complaint Review: Goldsmith Jewelry

• Goldsmith Jewelry
    430 West Pike Street Lawrenceville, GA 30046
    Internet
    United States of America

Goldsmith Jewelry David Mell Ruined an expensive piece of jewelry and denied responsibility , Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To: Daniel Zimmern

I had Goldsmith Jewelry redo my wife's engagement ring. I had them create it in white 18k gold instead of yellow 18k gold. We were to reinstate our vows after 12 years together. It should have been a great thing. That's right, it should have been. The center diamond and setting just fell off. It was a very nice stone. I went back to Goldsmith thinking that they would take care of the problem. Instead Mr Mell side stepped the issue. He said if he had sold me the diamond he would take care of it but since he didn't he would not back his work. He was the one that made the ring yet accepted no responsibility for it falling apart. I took it to Solomon Jewelers because the person that made the ring originally was there. She looked at it and could not believe the amateurish way it was made. She put another diamond in it. I paid $6500.00 to have the same basic diamond my wife had before. The lady at Solomon told me she should probably redo the other settings as they were made very cheaply and unprofessionally too. I said I'd come back. I felt like an idiot. The ring was 12 years old and perfect when I brought it in to Goldsmith. Less than a month after Goldsmith rebuilt it in white gold it fell apart. After getting the center diamond i told Solomon I'd come back in a month or so to have the whole ring fixed. Another stupid mistake. One of the beautiful princess cut diamonds on the side fell off too. I'm out over $10,000.00 because I trusted Goldsmith Jewelers and David Mell. My loss can be your gain. If you are thinking about having them do work on your keepsakes or buying something they made or "fixed" STOP ! You will lose it all and they will not do a thing about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2012 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/goldsmith-jewelry/internet/goldsmith-jewelry-david-mell-ruined-an-expensive-piece-of-jewelry-and-denied-responsibili-902212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To: Daniel Zimmern

AUTHOR: DavidTheJeweler - ()

Just today one of my good customers alerted me to this scathing review. I am David Mell. I have no record of a Daniel Zimmern (as you identified yourself on Manta) ever doing business with Goldsmith Jewelers. We do stand behind our work and have for over 30 years. Goldsmith has been voted Best of Gwinnett repeatedly since 1992. Please Daniel Zimmern, or who ever you are, come talk to me.