Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Updated: Tue, April 19, 2005
  • Reported By: Poway California
  • Government Grant Association

Nationwide

Government Grant Association Deceptive, misleading ripoff. Contacted by a phone call. Caller had very heavy accent, I believe they were from India. Nationwide

These crooks called on my cell phone! Promised me a $5000.00 grant for school. How they knew I was college student I don't know. They could hear my hesitation and actually reassured me that this was an honest business call and not "some scam".

They proceeded to ask for confidential infomation (mothers maiden name, last 4 digits of my social security). After making the mistake of giving them this info, Heck who doesn't need extra money, I called my bank put a flag on my account and followed up with closing the account the same day.

I was lucky and didn't loose any of my cash. They called back after I had froze my account, I didn't talk to them though. I hope this will help somebody not to make my mistake. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is a rip off.......

Daniel
Glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2005 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/government-grant-association/nationwide/government-grant-association-deceptive-misleading-ripoff-contacted-by-a-phone-call-call-139467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content