Complaint Review: Grant Resource Guide

• Reported By: Glendale Arizona
  • Grant Resource Guide
    5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Grant Resource Guide I was trying to find a government grant, and these people ripped me off!! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Cancel your card

I recieved a call on my cell phone asking me if I was looking for a grant. I had visited a few websites and they must have gotten my number from them. The person on the other end was Indian, or Pakistani, or whatever, and I could barely understand them. But I tried. He told me it was only $2.95 to get started, and that that was the only charge involved. Two weeks later, still not having a disk, my credit card was charged $49.50 without my permission. I was furious, and feeling ripped off, so I tried to call them and cancel. The phone number provided on my credit card report DID NOT work, and I have been calling it since. NOW I understand they will charge me again!?!?! What can I do??

Lordminx
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/grant-resource-guide/las-vegas-nevada-89108/grant-resource-guide-i-was-trying-to-find-a-government-grant-and-these-people-ripped-me-o-389753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Cancel your card

AUTHOR: Andrewh - (U.S.A.)

It may seem like a pain,but i would cancel your card number and get a new card number. deny the exsisting charges, and explain this to your card company. you are not alone, this scam ring is ripping people off under multiple grant software titles, over 2 dozen I've counted so far. They got me for over $300 dollars in a weeks time because I ordered 3 different titles, from 3 different websites, on the same day. (Thought for 1-2 dollars each, i might as well pick the one i like)

There was no mention of membership, no password issued,etc in my case. It was simpley free website access, or pay to have the program disc sent to you. Of course the software on the 2 disks i did receive is nothing more than an interface with links to the websites info.

With paypal users, they will take out paypal charges also. they could not do this with me so they took billpay charges on my account. So check these items also. Check your history since the date of your original purchase. I had 9 charges in a 7 day period, all under different descriptions and amounts.