Complaint Review: GREENE & COOPER LLC

• GREENE & COOPER LLC
    615 colonial park drive suite 105
    roswell , Florida
    USA

GREENE & COOPER LLC law firm turned collection agency (underhanded collection tactics) roswell GEORGIA

I recieved a letter from this so called law firm( GREENE &COOPER LLC) but is actually a collection agency disguised as a law firm since most of their revenue comes from buying junk debt.

They threatened me with a lawsuit saying that they "have been retained by MIDLAND FUNDING to collect a debt" of $1400. The truth is they bought over the old debt cents on the dollar to try and collect on it. I called them with questions of my own and sent them a debt verification letter. After dealong with a very rude and unprofessional lady,they replied with a dodgy fax barely readable from my "original source". The fax did not have my name or address on it. It only showed some transactions that i apparently made with that card 7 years ago.

Anyways I settled with them for about $500. They told me they will tell MIDLAND FUNDING to remove that off my credit report but is still showing as current debt even though I payed them. They claim that it takes  lot of time to " process "  but it only took them two bussiness days to send me a letter when they thought I had defaulted on my settlement payment to ask for more money.

It is keeping my credit score down so the only thing to do next is report it ... use the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to my advantage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greene-cooper-llc/roswell-florida-30075/greene-cooper-llc-law-firm-turned-collection-agency-underhanded-collection-tactics-r-1144698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content