Complaint Review: HEADWIND MEDIA, INC

• Reported By: tbakajanai — Bellevue Washington United States of America
  • HEADWIND MEDIA, INC

Internet
    United States of America

HEADWIND MEDIA, INC Billed through ENABILL. Bill for $20/ via Qwest. I don't know them. They demand personal info if you call them. Internet

Here are the circumstances.

Myself: I'm normal. I don't sign up to advertising networks or web sites that I think are shady. I don't sign up for monthly fee services as a general way of living.

So here we are, and this company places a $20 charge on the phone bill. There's an 888 number that you can call, which I did. The message claims that they vet and cross-check signups, AND THAT if you wish to dispute they want:

A nice start to enriching a data mining list. 1. Do you have kids? 2. What's your address? 3. Something... 3. What's your phone company? 4. What's your date of birth?

Look, any web site that is legitimately billing a person is going to be doing it through a web / credit card system. But that's not what's happening.

This company that I and many other people have never heard of is suddenly trying to claw money or data out of all of us through our phone companies.

That's fraud, and we should be letting our prosecutors know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/headwind-media-inc/internet/headwind-media-inc-billed-through-enabill-bill-for-20-via-qwest-i-dont-know-them-t-548803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content