Complaint Review: Health Insurance Innovations/Coordinated benefit plan

• Health Insurance Innovations/Coordinated benefit plan
    218 Bearss Ave Suite 325
    Tampa, Florida
    United States of America

Health Insurance Innovations/Coordinated benefit plan Companion Life Insurance Co., Beechstreet. I paid premiums, they paid claims now they want their money back.. Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: same company,near same situation

I bought a short term medical insurance plan through Health Insurance Innovations on 3-29-12 because I was out of work and thought that this would be a good fill-in until I found work.  Sadly on April 2, 2012, I had a problem swallowing and immediately went to my local Doctor.  He put me on some meds, thinking it was irritation.

Two weeks later, I couldn't swallow water.  I called and set up an EGD at local hospital.  After three scopes, it was found out that I had Esophageal Cancer....at 54. This insurer was denying all my claims initially saying they were under investigation for pre-existing condition.

I called them several times, and finally they started to make payments on claims.  I paid my ded, and oop.  Today I received a call from local hospital stating that the Insurer wants all their money back.  I am totally devastated. They haven't acted in good faith since day 1. I never had symptoms until 4-2-2012.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/health-insurance-innovationscoordinated-benefit-plan/tampa-florida-33613/health-insurance-innovationscoordinated-benefit-plan-companion-life-insurance-co-beechs-956320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

same company,near same situation

AUTHOR: ghillman - ()

do not get conned by this place,like the lady with cancer,and im sure many others,and myself.im turning them over to a government agency.