Complaint Review: Hilgon Consulting

• Reported By: Wayne — San Diego California
  • Hilgon Consulting

Internet
    France

Hilgon Consulting I received an email to apply for a job as "Accredited Representative". Levallois-Perret Internet

*General Comment: An all too familiar story

I recieved an email asking me if I would be interested in applying for a position as an Accredited Representative. The job description involved receiving payments from US clients of this France-based consulting firm. As part of the requirements, I would have to open a personal bank account to be used in the process.

The bank account raised suspicions and I spent several hours researching the company and could not find anything neagative. But, I'm not an expert at that, so I was still a little suspicious.

The process moved along to the point that we had a scheduled telephone pre-interview. Near the end of the call I was asked if I understood the job requirements, especially the need for the bank account. I voiced my concerns and said that I needed to find a way to be better assured of the legitimacy of the job and the process. As I was speaking, the connection dropped and I have heard no more from them.

This abrupt disconnect while all I was trying to do was ask for assurances of legitamacy sparked my suspicions even higher.

But, I still have found nothing online to say that it was not legitimate. Can a scam be that well hidden?

I'd like to know whether I blew a legitimate job offer, or if this was a well-disguised scam that needs to be exposed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hilgon-consulting/internet/hilgon-consulting-i-received-an-email-to-apply-for-a-job-as-accredited-representative-1055037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

An all too familiar story

AUTHOR: Zi - ()

On 5/27/13 I was contacted by Hilgon. They stated they found my resume online and wanted to know if I was still interested in the job. From that day until 8/6/13 I received several e-mails and phone calls from them. We talked about the job requirements, how much I would get paid, how often I would get paid, etc. When I filled out the paperwork and sent in a copy of my ID, I haven't heard from them since. It's been nearly a month and nothing. They don't respond to my e-mails and they don't answer the phone. I have left voicemails that have gone unreturned. Their website is down and I'm wondering if they're a scam or if they went out of business. Either way, these people have my information and I'm concerned.