Complaint Review: Home Depot

7100 warner ave
    huntington beach, California
    United States of America

Home Depot The Retail Equation, returns, denial huntington beach, California

Yesterday, I tried to return something to The Home Depot.  I had paid cash and only had a receipt for part of the return. I was denied the return. Home Depot is now using a new company, The Retail Equation, to "manage" their returns. I have spent thousands of dollars at The Home Depot and that company has now blocked me from returning anything! Apparently, I am now a 1-dimensional customer and only looked at for the 2 returns I have made in the past year and not the amount of business I have given The Home Depot.  I have purchased a new kitchen (with cabinets, counterrops & appliances), flooring and Trex decking.  All traceable with my phone #/name.  Not to mention all the random in-store cash purchases over the years (which I know do not get credited to me).  None of that is taken into consideration.  Just my audacity to return twice in the past year!

I called The Retail Equation and Karen (ID #11644) was extremely rude and hung up on me.  I called Home Depot and while Winter in Customer Service was more understanding, the outcome was a polite version of "too bad how sad".

Luckily, I live near Lowes, Orchard and Ace and I have choices and will be excercising that ability. Bummer though, because I like the staff at my local Home Depot. :(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-depot/huntington-beach-california-92647/home-depot-the-retail-equation-returns-denial-huntington-beach-california-945886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content