Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Reported By: theother_jt — Arnold Missouri USA
  • Home Depot

Nationwide
    USA

Home Depot failure to accept return, failure to do job in timely fashion Arnold Missouri

Would really like to thank you for wasting both months of my time and now thousands of my dollars. Everything about getting new floors was a disaster now after waiting for well over a month for the product to be picked back up for return im being told its unsellable and I wont get any money back. This was nearly 4000 dollars in my money down the drain. Might not seem like alot to you but im a disabled veteran and I live on a fixed budget. this was nearly a months income that I saved for this. I came to you guys because I had previously had good luck in your stores, but now I will never step foot in a home depot again. I will urge my brother and sister veterans at the local VFW to shop at lowes. I will do everything in my power to make sure people know.
Fool me once shame on you, you wont fool me twice because you will never get a dime of my business ever again.

This all started back in march when I got hardwood for my house. then your installers tell me they cant install it with the subfloor I have , then after complaining they say they can, then they cant. finally I give up cancel the order and have carpet installed. However John at the arnold home depot took well over a month to even get the flooring picked up. i moved the flooring from the house to the garage. John calls me after pick up that it is covered in animal urine and chewed up. well one box was opened by the installers I dont know about chewed up maybe banged up from being moved as far as urine it wasnt coveredi n it when we moved it to the garage. It doesnt really matter at this point, it shouldnt take a month to set up a return on a product. maybe if he had done his job the day we had these issues I wouldnt be sending this email right now. But as it stands im contemplating legal action, calling my local news teams and probably going to be out in front of the store with a protest sign tomorrow. I am a disabled vet this is a lot of money to me and I have nothing better to do than sit in the front of the store and tell every single person who will listen just how you ripped me off . I wont give up nor will I back down. The ball was dropped so many times and at so many levels that if anyone had done their job right the first time we wouldnt be having this converstation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2017 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-depot/nationwide/home-depot-failure-to-accept-return-failure-to-do-job-in-timely-fashion-arnold-missouri-1398058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content