Complaint Review: Home Depot

• Home Depot

, Select State/Province
    USA

Home Depot Bait & Switch Attempt followed by Delayed Shipping Memphis Tennessee

On December 15th I visited Home DEpot on Truss Parkway in Memphis to purchase a Samsung washer and dryer advertised both in print and on the web.  On the 15th, I was told that I could not order the product and that a manager would call me the next day.  On December 18th a sales associate not the manager contacted me to in form me that again I could not order the product.

I checked on HomeDepot.com and sure enough the product was available.  The first delivery date given to me was December 23rd.  After I entered my credit card information the delivery date changed to January 7th.

On January 8th the local Home Depot left a message on my cell phone stating that the earliest the product would be delivered to me is mid-February at best.

At that time, I suggested that the Home Depot offer me another washer or dryer with comparable features in any color.  Since I am moving into my new home on January 2nd it is unreasonable to be without a washer and dryer for so long.  The folks at Home Depot contacted the manager at both Poplar and Truss Parkway who refused to offer me a comparable washer and dryer at the same price as the Samsung.

Both managers refused to take the loss---who should?  Me, the consumer?

It is an FTC viloation to promise a consumer a product on a particular date and then not honor the request.  Furthermore, how can you have a product advertised and then refuse to sell it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-depot/select-stateprovince/home-depot-bait-switch-attempt-followed-by-delayed-shipping-memphis-tennessee-1109544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content