Complaint Review: Hostetter Realty

• Phone: 717 442-4114
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Hostetter Realty Rental Fraud Gap, Pennsylvania

Along with real estate services, Hostetter offers property management services to property owners seeking tenants to lease properties. They do credit checks and manage the leases for the property owner.

I took interest in a property listed on their website and payed $60.00 for a credit application which admittedly sounds a bit high for a credit application but I payed anyway. One business day later I was contacted by Hostetter and told that my credit was insufficient and I needed a co-signer, which would be an additional $30 credit application.

What Hostetter did not know is that I had been in contact with the property owner and within an hour of their call, I spoke to the property owner, who told me that he already privately rented the property to someone he knew and he couldn't understand why Hostetter would't have told me this. Now I asked Hostetter why they were doing credit applications on properties that were already rented and their response was "we didn't know it was rented. [continued below]....
....."

So I propmtly requested a refund and they refused saying "not our fault, go to the property owner for a refund." Their bad business and fraudulent practice has left me disgusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hostetter-realty/gap-pennsylvania-17527/hostetter-realty-rental-fraud-gap-pennsylvania-1045607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content