Complaint Review: Hotwire.com 1-866-HOTWIRE

• Reported By: San Diego California
  • Hotwire.com 1-866-HOTWIRE
    hotwire.com
    Internet

Hotwire.com, Hotwire.com 1-866-HOTWIRE Deceptive Ratings/Hotels NOT worth the money/HUGE RIPOFF Internet

*Author of original report: Super 8 = 1 Star according to Hotwire.com

I used Hotwire.com to obtain a 2.5 star (according to them) Super 8 hotel in West Hollywood. I rented two rooms for our family. I didn't figure we needed more than that as far as stars/ratings as we needed it to sleep/shower, etc. and didn't plan to hang out at the hotel.

But...the room/bathrooms weren't very clean, the toilet seats were broken, the TV didn't work right, the smoke detectors were removed (only the bracket remained), there were beetles in the bed we had to kill, the towels had hair on them, the bathroom was dirty, the rug in the room was dirty. The hall way was too scary to walk through alone. The elevator was rickety and right between our two rooms, so all night long we could hear: DING. *door opens/closes* DING *door opens/closes*. DING *door opens/closes*. (you get the picture?)

The front desk woman was an older Asian with poor English and was either very hard of hearing or she was ignoring us when we spoke to her. We requested a crib for our ONE NIGHT STAY and upon arrival were told there were no cribs available. We reminded her that we called to personally confirm our request and she claimed she didn't know which night we needed the crib for.
HUH????? We only were staying for ONE NIGHT. How could she NOT have known which night we needed it for??? I asked her to please try to obtain a crib somewhere as we didn't have one and the baby (9 mos) couldn't sleep in a bed, she'd fall off....she said it was impossible.
The rooms cost over $85.00 a piece plus fees/taxes, etc....That amount for two rooms like this???

(I took pics) The rooms were smaller than motel 6 (closets) but motel 6 is cleaner and if there is a fire, they have smoke detectors.

I will NEVER use HOTWIRE again and I will NEVER stay in a Super 8 hotel again!!

Barbara
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotwirecom-1-866-hotwire/internet/hotwirecom-hotwirecom-1-866-hotwire-deceptive-ratingshotels-not-worth-the-moneyhuge-r-305937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Super 8 = 1 Star according to Hotwire.com

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I chose a 2.5 star hotel and PAID for such....I was given a 1 star Super 8 hotel instead. This wasn't revealed until AFTER I paid.
I called hotwire to complain and they said to take my problems up with Super 8. I called Super 8 and they told me it was hotwires problem since I went through hotwire for my rooms. I called hotwire back and was told there isn't anything that can be done to get me clean rooms or a crib, etc....and they reminded me that my purchase was non refundable!!
Check back for photos!