Complaint Review: HughesNet, Direcway Still Billing A Deceased Relative!!

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 23, 2007
  • Reported By: Wheatland California
  • HughesNet, Direcway Still Billing A Deceased Relative!!
    hughesnet.com
    Nationwide

HughesNet. Direcway - RipOff Master Of The Universe..... This Company is STILL billing a Deceased Relative's acct.!!! AAarrrggh! Internet Nationwide

We are so disgusted with this company "HughesNet" that I don't know where to begin. My father-in-law had it installed for faster (yet worse) internet speed. Well, he was very patient and never called even though the internet was always slower than his old dial-up. So, when I called them and got an Un-English-Speaking Dork (dee-dee-dee), they said that we had not called enough times to warrant a refund of any kind...... She then said we could suspend his acct. since the dish was paid for ($600 later).

Well, he assumed that meant no charges as he was going to be in Hospice and not using it anyway (he was dying of prostate cancer). Well, they still charged him $89 on his acct. When I called to inquire, they said that was for the MODEM usage fees... OMG!!! They are terrible.

Well, the poor man died on June 26 & guess what..... They billed his acct. on July 7 & got paid!!! I called & they said they would still bill him even though he was deceased. Well, that was actually my acct. with him as a cosigner for medical billing/living purposes (as he was not able to perform activities of daily living near the end).

So, I am going to have to close the acct just because a stupid company who doesn't perform what they promise anyway. They always make you be on the phone for at least 30 mins. or more and nothing is resolved in the meantime anyway. So, I am all behind getting this fraudulent company & they are the worst I have ever seen..... I hate complaining, but they deserve to be shown in their true light.... Thanks for nothing Jerk-Net.

Mamazepp
Wheatland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet-direcway-still-billing-a-deceased-relative/nationwide/hughesnet-direcway-ripoff-master-of-the-universe-this-company-is-still-billing-a-d-262618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content