Report: #205922

• Reported By: Clemson South Carolina
  • IBM Lenovo
    One Manhattanville Road, Suite PH
    Purchase, New York

IBM Lenovo Ripoff Missing fingerprint reader hardware on the laptop, Faulty assembly, Company forgot to add the specified hardware Purchase New York

I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T60 online from lenovo.com

It was a high end laptop supposed to have a fingerprint reader for enhanced next gen security.

But when I received the laptop, I did not find any fingerprintreader in it. All the figures and teh specifications that I saw in the catalogues include that fingerprint reader.

So when I called up hardware support of Lenovo IBM, they asked me the serial number and the model number that came with teh computer.

When I gave them the required data, the customer support executive said that it shows on their computer that my laptop has a finger print reader. But it shows so in description and specification only online.
Physically that hardware is missing.

Is there anything that can be done to my problem? Also what can be done to make sure that corporations don't manufacture products that don't match the promised specifications?
Kindly let me know.

Navin
Clemson, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2006 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ibm-lenovo/purchase-new-york-10577-2100/ibm-lenovo-ripoff-missing-fingerprint-reader-hardware-on-the-laptop-faulty-assembly-comp-205922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content