Complaint Review: Identity Guard from Costco

• Identity Guard from Costco
    P.O. Box 222455
    Chantilly, Virginia
    United States of America

Identity Guard from Costco They are stealing money from their website Chantilly, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like non-human error in this case...

I wanted to sign up for their id theft protection service since Costco usually offers products from great companies. I was offered a 3 dlls start up fee for 30 days. I tried signing up and the website rejected my credit card info. All of the information was correct as entered, but it still gave an error message. I made the stupid mistake of trying to sign up without the 3 dlls offer and pay the regular 9.99 that is offered for Executive Costco Members. After about 3 tries and getting the same error messages I decided to let it go. I thought to myself: "if they can't even take care of their own website, how will they take care of my personal information".

A few minutes later I had a feeling that I had to check my credit card online. I found a charge for 3.00 dlls and 3 charges for 9.99. How can they be charging when I kept getting error messages that my information was incorrect? I have called them several times and I just keep getting bounced around. I emailed them to no response. I know I will probably get my money back just by placing a complaint with my CC company. But this makes me wonder how many people it has happened to, and how much money do they keep in their accounts and for how long? Nice way of making some interest on money that they are practically stealing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2011 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/identity-guard-from-costco/chantilly-virginia-20153-2455/identity-guard-from-costco-they-are-stealing-money-from-their-website-chantilly-virginia-737124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like non-human error in this case...

AUTHOR: Lynn Wood - ()

Hello - I deal with complaints, refunds, customer service every day. From your description of what happened it definitely sounds like each time you got an error, it charged your card. (3 times, 3 charges) Certainly they are not willingly ripping you off.  By now I am certain you have a refund of all or 2/3rds of your money.. I am taking the time to write this because although I don;t pay for the product, I do use Identity Guard.  I get it free from Comcast who offers a very basic plan dof free as a "value added" service. I ignored the emails for months till I saw one with the subject line "Suspicious Activity Alert" and found someone had opened an online account at Walmart in my name.  I was able to call Walmart and take care of the problem immediately. I finally looked at their web site, this company has hundreds of thousands of customers, is rated and compared all over the Internet and not called a Rip Off or a Scam, they actually DO sell a product/service so I am not sure how you can think that.  In any event, I like the service and wanted to give myu opinion to balance the scale on this complaint.

Sincerely,