Complaint Review: IMC - International Magazine Company

• Reported By: Leavenworth Kansas
  • IMC - International Magazine Company
    Christopher Employee #63
    Internet

IMC - International Magazine Company / Name Of Person- Christopher Illegally took money from my account without my consent and Illegally aquired all my personal information Internet

Friday September 26, 2008 I recevied a phone call from a company called IMC, Inc. A representative notified me that my name had been put into a sweepstakes and that I won a hand crafted Quartz watch and a FREE 4 year subscription to 3 magazines of my choice.

At first it seemed to be a good deal because the representative told me that all I had to do was make a one time payment of $4.66, She then proceeded to tell me that I had to speak with her supervisor and to put in a good word for her.

Apon speaking to her supervisor he began to act suspicious. He began to tell me all of my personal information such as where I lived, My full name, what type of debit card I have, and my debit card NUMBER. He began to then tell me that I have to pay for one magazine subscription, but for one month was $79.73. I then hung up the phone, I did not tell them they could bill me and I did not agree to anything.

After the conversation I checked my bank account and I had been charged. I notified my bank they labled the charge as fraud and I cancelled my card. I reported it too an Idenity Theft Unit.

I also called IMC,Inc. on Monday September 29, 2008 to cancel my account I kept calling them and it wouldnt' send my call all the way through and when it did I had got hung up on several times, then someone called me back and told me I had to actually speak to a supervisor. I still have yet to hear back from them. I had to call my bank and cancel my card and get a new one.

Nicole
Leavenworth, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2008 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/imc-international-magazine-company/internet/imc-international-magazine-company-name-of-person-christopher-illegally-took-money-fr-377056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content