Complaint Review: Infiniti Of South Atlanta

• Reported By: McDonough Georgia
  • Infiniti Of South Atlanta
    4201 Jonesboro Road
    Union City, Georgia

Infiniti Of South Atlanta Law Breakers, Deal Breakers, Word Breakers Union City Georgia

I am a former employee of this company Infiniti of South Atlanta,which is a division of the Heritage Automotive Group of new and preowned car dealerships. I am in a former employee status due to the fact that I was diagnosed with cancer the last week of April 2008.

Upon learning and being diagnosed with throat cancer I requested to be placed on Family and Medical Leave while I underwent removal surgery and was immediately thereafter undergoing daily cancer radiation treatments.

I was assured by the president of the company Mr. John Abate that my job was secure and I should concentrate on beating the disease and return to work when I was able.

After completing the daily radiation regimen I attempted to return to work earlier than the Family Medical and Leave Act allows for which is twelve weeks.

I was summoned to the Presidents office and he informed me that the company had decided to contract my job out to an outside company and my services were no longer needed. In an effort to make himself feel good he offered me a check for $1000. and a job unrelated to Internet technology management.

My job was Internet Technology Manager and I managed three networks, 2 phone systems and approximately 130 pieces of peripheral equipment, pc's, printers, faxes, etc.

Then I was systematically harassed by other members of management in various sundry ways and was told point blank by other management members that I was no longer a manager and would not be treated as one any further and that must now address them differently than I had in the previous three years of co-management together. In plain words I was now just mere employee.

I immediately contacted a lawyer and was advised to filed a complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC has offered mediation to the company and the company has failed to respond to the Federal Authorities at the EEOC. I presume the companies attorneys have instructed them to ignore the law.

Of course there is more detailed and documented information I have pertaining to this case.

I have been told by two different attorneys that the court system in the northern district of Georgia is sympathetic with employers and not employees in the courts. So if there is an attorney that has enough fortitude to take this winable case contact me at (((email redacted)))

I also had a co-worker suffer the same treatment when he contracted kidney cancer just after I did and also was subsequently dismissed from his job also.

www.infinitiofsouthatlanta.com

Cary
McDonough, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/infiniti-of-south-atlanta/union-city-georgia-30291/infiniti-of-south-atlanta-law-breakers-deal-breakers-word-breakers-union-city-georgia-429735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content