Complaint Review: International Library Of Poetry

• Reported By: Colrado Springs Colorado
  • International Library Of Poetry
    1 Poetry Plaza
    Owings Mills, Maryland

International Library Of Poetry (aka) Poetry.comInternational Library Of Poetry Alleged contest winners were employees dirty SOB's Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: People need to relax

I was told of many winners of thousands of dollars from the conventions that this company held. I later found out the pictures of the many 'lucky winners' were in fact employees of this company.

I searched the database of the site for the winningpoets entries on the site, could not find a single one. They were employed by the company and hadn't even submitted a poem. The letter I was given acclaiming my poem boasted that only the best were excepted.

I soon found the transcript of a televised report on the organization. They had sent the same letter to a class of third graders, whose extent of poetic talent consisted of 'The cat in the hat ate a rat'.

I believe it is quite misleading to praise the calibur of a poet and how they are so selective when every entrant is accepted.

Jarred
Colrado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2003 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/international-library-of-poetry/owings-mills-maryland-21117/international-library-of-poetry-aka-poetrycominternational-library-of-poetry-alleged-co-55788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

People need to relax

AUTHOR: Violet - (Canada)

I just want to say that some people need to relax. I sent in something to peotry. com and I got published. I also received a copy of the book, when everyone else I talked to said I would not. It is people like this that make young artist's skeptical.