Complaint Review: International Society Of Photographers

• Reported By: Kaministiquia Ontario
  • International Society Of Photographers
    3600 Crondall Lane, Suite 101
    Owings Mills, Maryland

International Society Of Photographers They stole the picture of my baby (dog), they stole my confidence in trusting anyone on the internet Owings Mills Maryland

In 2006, I came across a photography contest and decided that my ability was good and entered my picture to them.

A few weeks later I got a letter saying that my picture was of great quality and they wanted to use it in their book Endless Journey.

I was really excited that my picture was that appreciated and was going to be in a book that I could own and show off my abilities.

I then got a letter from them to purchase the book for $69.95 + $11.00 s&h, in U.S. funds.

Since I live in Canada this cost me more but I thought it would be worth it to see my picture published for everyone to see.

Then I kept recieving letters and e-mails with more offers for my picture use and rights. Plaques, pins, trips to functions where my picture would be shown, you name it they offer it.

Since I have little money I did not send for any of the other offers, and then I played the waiting game. Waiting for my pride and joy, dog Misty, to be in a book to soon be delivered to me.

But I guess you know the end result, that's why I am here. I got nothing, just a mailbox full of offers, an e-mail account full of offers and promises, and no book. All I got was someone stealing my ard earned mney and I got nothing in return, and I tried contacting them but my e-mail got sent bck because it could not be delivered.

Tanya
Kaministiquia, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2007 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/international-society-of-photographers/owings-mills-maryland-21117/international-society-of-photographers-they-stole-the-picture-of-my-baby-dog-they-stole-295769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content