Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group

• JBC Legal Group
    2 Broad Street 6th Floor Bloomfield New Jersey 07003-2550
    Bloomfield, New Jersey

JBC Legal Group rip-off! It's a hoax! Bloomfield New Jersey

I received a letter from JBC Legal and was very suspicious. The letter said I had bounced a check on 8/16/93. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but anything over 7 years couldn't be collected on. I hadn't bounced a check in ages and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't try to collect again before sending it to a lawyer. I had just moved into my house so couldn't figure out how they would get a hold of me regardless.

I was going crazy cause I couldn't remember anything with this amount. I called the number but they were closed, but it was a funny message machine. I called them in the morning and realized this was a hoax. The guy on the line couldn't even tell me where the name of the store that I had written the check to. And he sounded so ignorant that he could never pass for working in a lawayers office. Then I got on the internet and found this.

Hang
Newark, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2004 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jbc-legal-group/bloomfield-new-jersey-07003/jbc-legal-group-rip-off-its-a-hoax-bloomfield-new-jersey-90122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content