Complaint Review: Jdbyryder

• Jdbyryder
    St Rt 59
    Kent, Ohio

Jd byryder ripoff Kent Ohio

i went to byryder ot buy a work vehicle, they pressured me to buy a standard shift ford pick up, i had 5 knee surgeries,, and could not shift it, after a couple weeks, they agreed to trade it in on a dodge caravan, they only gave me half what i owed on it for trade! i had the van a week and a half and it broke down, it sat in the shop for 33 days. they still wanted theyre money even though i had no vehicle. after the 2 weeks, my job was threatened, so they gave me a dodge neon to drive, i got fired! i had to buy a used van to get another job. after 33 days and many trips to cash advance to get payments caught up, i got the van back, sold the 2nd van, and went back over the road, delivering express freight, and as a wide load escort.

the van broke down in wva. i cost me over $600.00 to get it fixed. i had to got to cash advance to borrow the money.

it lasted 2 weeks, then broke dow again, it cose me another $400.00 plus towing to fix it again. i got a huge contract with a canadian company to do 53 loads at $500. a load. i was able to do 1 load, and 1 freight load before it broke down again. it was stuck in marietta ohio, i asked byryder manager for help, he said i had to get payments made first, so i did, he said he would pick it up and help me fix it or replace it. well he picked it up, as a repo, stole mt $8oo.oo light bar off the top, and sent it to auction. i got billed $8500. 00 for ballance due on a 92 dodge caravan, lost thousands in lost work, lost my customer to other company,s. byryder had now cost me two jobs, loss of my personal business, and lost wages of up to $20,000.00 a week. all i got from the manager was the light bar was mounted to the roof racks, he claimed it was now his and refused to give it back, he tole me he was tired of my bullshit and get out of his store! i figured i lost more than $25,000. in lost work, but they still want paid for the van that was my work. so buying a van from them cost me more than the van was worth, which was about $1500. or less! i would settle for breaking even with them, but they refused to talk unless i had cash!

what happened to we stand behind our cars, and customer care ?

James
cuyahoga falls, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2005 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jdbyryder/kent-ohio/jd-byryder-ripoff-kent-ohio-131057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content