Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube (Arvada, Colorado)

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Reported By: Michael B — Arvada Colorado United States of America
  • Jiffy Lube (Arvada, Colorado)
    15230 W 64th Ave
    Arvada, Colorado
    United States of America

Jiffy Lube (Arvada, Colorado) They BLEW UP the engine on my Hummer H2 Arvada, Colorado

They BLEW UP the engine of my Hummer H2 when they installed the wrong oil filter.  Their claims department refuses to pay for the repairs at the shop of my choice even though the general manager acknowledges that it was their mistake.  The extent of the damage isn't in dispute; the problem is they won't pay the labor cost preferring to pay less.  They insist on only paying what they feel the "average repair shop" would charge.  Here is what Kody Schirner (801-725-1711), Claims Department Representative, Customerservice@gflcompa, wrote to me this morning:

that amount will cover the cost of the engine and the labor at the average repair shop. If you choose to have the repairs done at a repair shop that will charge more than that, then you must pay for that luxury."

It has been 22 days since they blew my engine.  They have also refused to provide a replacement vehicle.  I've been forced to forward this matter to our attorney, file a complaint with the Attorney General's office, and I will likely have to pay for the engine replacement out of my pocket and proceed through the courts.  Unbelievable.

AVOID THIS AND ALL JIFFY LUBE SHOPS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jiffy-lube-arvada-colorado/arvada-colorado-80007/jiffy-lube-arvada-colorado-they-blew-up-the-engine-on-my-hummer-h2-arvada-colorado-978585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content