Complaint Review: Jim Walters Homes (Mid-State Mortgage)

• Submitted: Sat, July 09, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 09, 2005
  • Reported By: Pelion South Carolina
  • Jim Walters Homes (Mid-State Mortgage)
    www.jimwaltershomes.com
    Augusta, GA & Cayce, SC, South Carolina

Jim Walters Homes, Mid-State Mortgage ripoff, poor construction, plumbing problems, foreclosure, scam artist God help anybody interested in purchasing a Jim Walter Home. Augusta, GA & CayceAugusta, Georgia & Cayce, SC South Carolina

Our home was built in 1993. Before we moved in I notice a nail coming through the ceiling in the hall near the attic entry, called to see if it would be a problem. Not a problem was told to me.

Walls are not flushed and kitchen floor is bowed. Around 1996 we started having plumbing problems. To find parts was impossible. Supply company and my nephew who is a plumber said that want they used was shoddy and cheap. It was also impossible to get insurance coverage, no company would touch it.

Wonder why, maybe it is because of the cheap materials and slack contractors they use. Electrical contractors that did the work cut a hole through the wall into the master bedroom, how competent is that.

Then, the switch in my daughters room would trip the breaker when turned on. Hot wire on the out side of the switch box. County inspectors would not pass the home after 2 or 3 visits, doesn't that tell you something There were times we were behind on payments. But, we always caught them up.

Last time we were behind I was sending more than the monthly payment to get them caught up. Last check was returned a month later by an attorney representing them for foreclosure.

They must have a history of foreclosing on people after 10 or so years. Money hungry people. I wish we had never heard of Jim Walter Homes and that I had seen a ripoff report before we built the home.

God help anybody interested in purchasing a Jim Walter Home. Anybody that has asked me about the home, I advise them not to have one built. Poorly constructed homes!!!!

Wanda & James
Pelion, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2005 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jim-walters-homes-mid-state-mortgage/augusta-ga-cayce-sc-south-carolina/jim-walters-homes-mid-state-mortgage-ripoff-poor-construction-plumbing-problems-forecl-149130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content