Complaint Review: John W. Scherer Aka Video Professor

• John W. Scherer Aka Video Professor
    2590 W. 2nd Ave. Unit 15
    Denver, Colorado
    United States of America

John W. Scherer, Video Professor Video Professor TOTAL RIP-OFF!!!! Denver, Colorado

So, I also was a victim of Video Professor.  I ordered the Internet video from them to teach my husband some computer skills. It also came with 2 "free" CDs.

Again It was suppose to be the $6.95 for the first video you order, cause I know you will come back; ya right.

2 weeks later I notice a charge on my bank card for $189.95. I called to find out what the double hockey sticks was going on.  I was told that the $6.95 was for a trial of 10 days only: and if I had called instead of ordering on line I would have been informed of this.  I was also told that it was in my package.  Since we hadn't used it yet I never saw that information. (it was actually there!)

I told the customer service rep that I wanted my money refunded since this was a fraudulent add on TV.  He replied I would have to ship the package back (at my expense of course) and then it would take 20 - 30 days to get my money back. (as if I'm that stupid, they think I will forget that they owe me money)

I am sending back the package, I filed a complaint with the FCC, the bank for fraudulent charges, and now with Rip Off Report.

I wish I had checked up on this company before I purchased. I will from now on!! I hope this gets to people before they do the same.  Save your time and money!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/john-w-scherer-aka-video-professor/denver-colorado-80219/john-w-scherer-video-professor-video-professor-total-rip-off-denver-colorado-489009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content