• Report: #455427
Complaint Review:

Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC

  • Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 04, 2009

  • Reported By:Conway South Carolina
Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC
P.O. Box 7811 Sandy, Utah U.S.A.

Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC They filed a request to garnish my wages Sandy Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Do this

*Consumer Comment: No, DO THIS . . .

*Consumer Comment: Do this

*Consumer Comment: They cannot touch your wages

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I received a letter in the mail from the corporate office of my employer stating that my wages were being garnished by Johnson Riddle & Mark. They were going to take half of every check until my so called debt was paid off.

Being that I have four children and working only part time and making minimum wage I contacted Johnson Riddle & Mark.

They stated that the debt was from 2002; from a company that I have never dealt with and that they could only give me information regarding the account through writing.

It could take up to six weeks, but in the mean time I will be losing half of my check.

Conway, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/johnson-riddle-mark-llc/sandy-utah-84091/johnson-riddle-mark-llc-they-filed-a-request-to-garnish-my-wages-sandy-utah-455427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnson Riddle & Mark, LLC

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 4Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do this

AUTHOR: Tweebs - (USA)

Contact the Utah State Attorney General's office (801-366-0260), the Office of Professional Conduct with the Utah State Bar Association (801-531-9110) and the FTC (1-877-382-4357). File a complaint against them with each of the listed above. The OPC will require you to fill out a complaint form and send it in. They can send it to you, or you can download it at: http://www.utahbar.org/public/consumer_assistance_program.html

The Attorney General's office will require you to submit a complaint in writing or typed with signature to them about what happened.

I suggest doing all three to get these...rats taken down. I have already filed a complaint with the FTC, I'm now submitting complaints to the other two listed above. Good luck. Oh yeah, if you go to the BBB of Utah's website, they gave Johnson Riddle & Mark an "F". LOL!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment

No, DO THIS . . .

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Ignore the above advice unless you like the idea of a contempt of court charge. Garnishment orders are issued by judges, not collection agencies. The collection agency is the payee on the order, but the order is from a court.

Someone has a judgment against you. You are no longer at the "budhibbs.com, fight the collection agency" phase. You are now at the "what do I do about this judgment" phase.

The creditor no longer has any obligation to validate a d**n thing, or to give you ANY information regarding the matter whatsoever. If you don't know what the debt is, you can look at the name of the court on the garnishment paperwork, along with the case number.

Go to the courthouse and ask to view the file. Therein you will find all the information that was presented to the court, which apparently was enough to get a judgment against you.

I AM NOT saying that there was a valid debt in the first place. But as long as that judgment is in place, it doesn't matter whether the debt was valid or not.

So you need to figure out if there is some way to get the judgment set aside. Each state has its own court rules regarding the setting aside of judgments. It always has to be done by motion, and you usually have to show, at a minimum, that there is some good reason to set the judgment aside AND that you have a valid defense to the claim. In other words, having a valid defense (i.e. that the debt was invalid) is not itself enough.

I hope that, by now, you've already figured out my main point: you need a lawyer if you want this to go away. I would advise not calling JRM any more: they are NOT your lawyers.

Best of luck!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Comment

Do this

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Send them a cease communications letter via certified mail with return receipt requested - keep copies
DO NOT talk to them on the phone anymore
DO NOT agree to pay them - they have to prove the debt is valid but they never will
Sued one of these bottom feeders in District Court and WON yet they refuse to pay ME or my attorney
Get informed - go to www.budhibbs.com
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 Consumer Comment

They cannot touch your wages

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

Imform your employer that they cannot touch your wages and refuse to fill out the form. I would have him put in the shredder.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?