Complaint Review: Jus Mac

• Jus Mac
    106 Westheimer Suite E
    Houston, Texas
    USA

Jus Mac Jus Mac & Cheese restaurant Chris Alvarez False advertising for job title Houston Texas

*Author of original report: or read dumb comments

*Consumer Comment: Sounds Like a Million Dollar Case

False Advertising & Age Discrimination practiced by Jus Mac manager Chris Alvarez

Jus Mac is a macaroni & cheese deli in 4th Ward Houston, TX. They have run ads for cashiers periodically on Craigslist. I am a trained, experienced cashier so I applied.

The manager who conducted the interview, Chris Alvarez, lied to me. He told me he was hiring cashiers and needed someone in place by Monday after this Friday interview.

He told me all candidates had to meet his sister since he had been doing such a bad job hiring. The truth was he was going to hire everyone who interviewed so he could get the bus help he needed since he was so short handed.

I asked when I would be trained as a cashier and he didn't respond. I asked this question two times. He cut my shift short without explanation. He made no comment about when to return and didn't bother to call.

I called him. At that point he told me he preferred to hire teenagers. I am not a teenager.

This misleading advertising and mistreatment of older workers must be typical of the way Jus Mac does business.

I am contemplating filing a civil rights complaint about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jus-mac/houston-texas-77006/jus-mac-jus-mac-amp-cheese-restaurant-chris-alvarez-false-advertising-for-job-title-hou-1126557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

or read dumb comments

AUTHOR: Tony - ()

By posters like you.

Sounds Like a Million Dollar Case

AUTHOR: Pied Piper - ()

All you have to do is find a"DUMB" lawyer ....... to accept the case.