Complaint Review: Kaptain Kirk Auctions

Rockford, Illinois
    United States of America

Kaptain Kirk Auctions Selling Forged Autograph Rockford, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Scammers

I bidon and won an autograph of Abraham Lincoln that was listed. While the description said it came without a COA the rest of the description made it sound like it was an original. After I received this item I found out that it was a forgery. When I contacted the company they informed me " to bad" we never said it was an original. The problem is yours. Since I won this item I have been watching their site. To date they have sold approximately 150 additional autographs. Each one does state that it comes without a COA, but does imply that it is original. They have sold about 2 dozen Abraham Lincoln autograph exactly like the one I bought. This not to mention that they have sold over 2 dozen George Washington, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and other autographs. Each one having several available that were/are exactly alike. I am positive that there are a lot of other bidders who are equally dissatisfied as I am. I also feel that they know these are forgeries. How could they not when they have so many all alike. A company like this shouldbe stopped or he public should be advised against buying from them. They give a bad name and negative reputation to legitimate companies doing business legally. I would like to thank you for any assistance that you migh be able to give me in resolving this complaint and my concern.

Respectfully,

Timothy M O'

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaptain-kirk-auctions/rockford-illinois-61104/kaptain-kirk-auctions-selling-forged-autograph-rockford-illinois-995777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Scammers

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Check out their address photos on Google maps. Place is a dump. Their website has a private (cloaked) registration. Not real confidence boosters folks. I like their one term where once you win the auction item you are responsible for it. Basically it means that if it should 'mysteriously disappear' you're out the loss and they're in the clear.

Personally, I'd put this operation on my skip list.