Complaint Review: LA Weight Loss Centers

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2003
  • Reported By: East Freetown Massachusetts
    LA Weight Loss Centers
    Brockton, Massachusetts

LA Weight Loss Centers Target? Deperate Over Weight People! Brockton Massachusetts

$ 5. per week.... That got me to sign on the dotted line at an LA Weight Loss Center.

After being 'given' a quick start 'juice' and seeing fairly good results , the second week I broke out in a sweat!!! They 'announced' that neither the LA Lites Bars,snacks nor the supplements were included. They were looking for me to purchase an additional package of $1,000 for the LA LITE bars, seen as a 'tool for success with the program.
They offered other packages for smaller quantities. They creatively 'worked with me' on a much smaller package for 10 weeks at over $200. I felt so uncomfortable and disillusioned.

I had already locked in and prepaid for the required YEAR! Now the LA Lite Plan...

TODAY... 3 weeks into the program SURPRISE! More $$$$$... I explained that the supplements that were initially 'given' to me on my first vist needed to be replenished. Fearing that it would be expensive, I refilled only 2 of the 6 original recommended supplements. $120 !!!! I almost fell over. I expressed my displeasure.

If I walk away now.... I lose the prepaid $260 paid on day one...

If I stay with the program .... I'll go Broke!!!

Brenda
East Freetown, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2003 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-weight-loss-centers/brockton-massachusetts/la-weight-loss-centers-target-deperate-over-weight-people-brockton-massachusetts-41235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content